Architects, designers and contractors have been inspired to use Day & Campbell Modern Masonry Architectural Line (MMAL) of products.
Each unit is manufactured to the highest standard to meet and exceed the CSA 165 series 04 standards. These integrally coloured units resist fading and will maintain their distinctive beauty through the life cycle of the building with little or no maintenance, in both interior and exterior applications. MMAL products can be split, ground or polished on multiple faces and are available in a variety of shapes and sizes.
We can even manufacture custom radiuses including bullnosing and chamfering profiles on our ground and polished units, this allows the design professional freedom in conveying ideas through use of these versatile and durable concrete or light weight masonry units.
MMAL products are ideal for LEED® -based projects.
Benefits of Modern Masonry Architectural Line (MMAL) blocks:
- Recycle & Environmental benefit: 100% recycled glass cullet is used in the manufacture of certain MMAL products and is sourced from either the blue box program or recycled from manufacturing facilities. The glass has not been modified from its original state other than washing and crushing, further reducing energy consumption.
- With Day & Campbell’s patented technology, units containing glass cullet are made and cured in our autoclaves. The blocks are ready to polish in just 8 hours after manufacture which helps keep your projects on time and in budget (See autoclave advantage heading)
- Able to offer up to 97.5% pre consumer material and 42% post consumer material for LEED ® projects
- All concrete and light weight blocks in the MMAL conform to CSA A165 series-04
- MMAL offers low life cycle costs. The high polished finish will last the life time of your project
- Graffiti can be removed easier due to the polishing process which closes most pores on the face of the block, allowing optimum design options while balancing esthetics and ease of clean up on exterior or interior walls/spaces, when necessary
- No VOCs
- Most importantly, we offer many standard colours to choose from or we can work on a custom design and profile for your project.